Tips for using interactive digital task cards.
What are Boom Cards?
Boom cards are interactive, self-grading digital task cards. Our Boom card decks alternate reading passages with comprehension questions.
- To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
- For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards).
- Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options, you’ll need a premium account.
- If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
Do I need a membership?
You do not need to buy a membership to use Fast Play, but you do need to set up an account.
A free account will give you unlimited FastPlay. That means your students can play the deck but their scores will not be recorded.
The Basic membership will allow you to assign boom cards to a class of up to 50 students and access their reports.
If you are new to Boom cards you could get a free 90-day trial membership including student performance reports.
For more details about membership, check out Boom Learning.
for PTS digital task cards
YOU (the original purchaser) MAY:
- Use this resource in your classroom (for example, displayed on a white board)
- Assign this resource remotely to students in your classroom
- Distribute this resource electronically on a learning management program such as Google Classroom IF password protected AND limited to a single classroom only.
- Print this resource for use in your classroom
YOU MAY NOT:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove the copyright/watermarks
- Share the product redeem link of this resource with colleagues outside of your classroom
- Share this product (part of it or in its entirety) with colleagues outside of your classroom
- Repackage and/or sell or give away all or part this product
- Share all or part of this product on the Internet (other than on Learning Management Software programs such as Google Classroom IF password protected AND limited to a single classroom only) as a download or copy including, but not limited to, personal sites, school sites, or Google Doc links on blogs or sites, Internet sharing groups, news lists, or shared databases, or Open Education Resource Groups such as Amazon Inspire.
We would love to hear from you!